Professor Majid Hassanizadeh, Managing Director at InterPore and Professor of Hydrogeology at Utrecht University, is coming to PoreLab Trondheim on June 18th.
He will give a total of 14 hours course speaking about “Fundamentals of multiphase flow in porous media – From the molecular scale to the REV scale – Averaging-thermodynamic approach for development of basic equations” (see attached file).
You are kindly invited to attend his course.
The courses will be organized at the Petroleum center (Valgrinda, PTS1, S.P. Andersens vei 15A) as follow:
- Tuesday 18 June 2019, 3 hours starting at 9:00, Auditorium P10 PTS Paviljong (From molecular to pore or grain scale; derivation of conservation equations for a single phase)
- Wednesday 19 June 2019, 2 hours starting at 9:00, Auditorium P1 (From molecular to pore or grain scale; derivation of conservation equations for multiphase systems)
- Wednesday 19 June 2019, 1 hour starting at 13:00, Auditorium P1 (Basics of Rational Thermodynamics)
- Thursday 20 June 2019, 2 hours starting at 9:00, Auditorium P1 (Derivation of constitutive equations for solids (e.g., Hooke’s law of elasticity) and fluids (e.g., Newton’s law of viscosity) using Rational thermodynamic approach)
- Friday 21 June 2019, 2 hour starting at 9:00, Auditorium P1 (Derivation of constitutive equations for single-phase flow in a porous medium)
- Monday 24 June 2019, 2 hours starting at 9:00, Auditorium P1 (Derivation of equations for multiphase flow in a porous medium)
- Tuesday 25 June 2019, 2 hours starting at 9:00, Auditorium P1 (Advanced theories of two-phase flow in porous media; combining conservation laws and constitutive equations)
Please notice that the courses are all given in the Auditorium P1, PTS1, except for the first day (June 18th).
The PhD candidates have the possibility to include Professor Hassanizadeh’s course as a part of their “Individual Study Syllabus” in agreement with their supervisor/professor. Professor Hassanizadeh’s course corresponds to 1.5 credits (“studiepoeng” in Norwegian). Please be aware that Professor Hassanizadeh’s course should not overlap with existing courses.
I remind you that the Individual Study Syllabus should have a minimum of 3 credits, and requires a final assessment in form of an exam, report or other assessments.